Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Dera Sacha Sauda - A place I will surely visit

While I was exploring more facts about Tarakeshwar Dham, I came to know about one of the biggest, most popular spiritual centred in Sirsa - Dera Sacha Sauda. The centre is a socio- spiritual organization which is visited by people from all parts of the world. Here, they learn the true significance and spirit of humanity and spirituality. 

I was astonished to learn that the Sirsa centre is their main centre with more than 50 million faithful followers. At Dera Sacha Sauda one gets to learn the art of meditation. The devotees are supposed to follow the principles laid down by Beparawah Mastana Ji Maharaj, the founder of the organization.

I asked my friend Gopal, if he know someone who is a follower of Dera Sacha Sauda and to my surprise, not one or two, I found several people in my circle who knew about the organization and their operations. At this moment, I realized how big and influential this organization is.

One of my very old friends, Geet explained to me, the three main principles and how they make one’s life better with the help of spirituality –

  •  Vegetarianism – According to the organization, our religions have always supported vegetarianism and now it has been scientifically proven as well that humans are vegetarian by nature. 
  •  Anti-drugs – The current Guruji Sant Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh Ji strongly opposes the use of intoxicants in all its forms. Dera Sacha Sauda has organized massive anti-drugs campaigns in the past and millions of people have refrained themselves from drugs under the influence of the organization. 
  •  Divine/Spiritual Character – This particular principle needs a separate column altogether, but in a nutshell, the divine character principle inspires you to build a strong moral character. 


 Another friend, Ankit Goyal casually added that the organization has achieved Guinness World Records for a number of blood donation campaigns and tree-plantation drives. Now, I am so impressed that whenever I’ll visit Sirsa, Dera Sacha Sauda will be the first place I’ll head to.

No comments:

Post a Comment