Friday, March 7, 2014

Radha Soami Satsang Beas – An intriguing place


My newly developed interest in the significance of spirituality has made me aware about the various spiritual organizations we have in our country. While I was busy exploring more about Dera Sacha Sauda, I got a call from Jatin, an old friend who was in town and wanted to catch up.

We decided to go out for dinner and even before he could order the starters, I started chattering about my new explorations. Me and Jatin, we have graduated school together but after a few years his family shifted to Punjab. I told him everything I knew about Dera Sacha Sauda and how it has got me hooked completely. He told me that his family has started to follow a spiritual organization as well. It’s called Radha Soami Satsang which is based in the Beas neighborhood of Punjab.

Radha Soami Satsang Beas is a spiritual/philosophical organization whose core values are derived from the teachings of all the religions we have in our country. The teachings of the organization are aimed at developing inner peace through the power of spirituality. I was stunned to realize that RSSB is active in more than 90 countries and unlike many other non-profit societies; it has no affiliation to any political or commercial groups.

Jatin also told me about Dera Baba Jaimal Singh, which is a RSSB community that shelters more than 350,000 devotees on daily basis. The Dera is one of the most effectively planned self-sustaining communities of our country.


Now, I have got another fabulous ‘research topic’ to explore!

No comments:

Post a Comment